My Son

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Son

Post by baldwindeb on May 10th 2008, 7:36 am

My son who is a Chef cut the whole top of his thumb off. No bone ,only the soft tissue at the top, but all of it.
He was at the doctors for a bit and then released. My son asked will it grow back. The Doctor said the skin will grow back but that he can't say he will ever have a "normal" thumb.
I love that the boys are in that profession, I think it is totally awesome but I hate the knives. They are so sharp,I mean totally sharp. I will not use their knives.
Say a little prayer for him, he is in some pain yet he is so strong no matter what he goes through.
Thanks for listening.
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Re: My Son

Post by Carl D on May 10th 2008, 8:00 am

Sorry to hear this, Deb.

Saying prayers.

The Little Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mousessugar on May 10th 2008, 9:15 am

Mousessugar
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya on May 10th 2008, 10:25 am

Ouch! Hope he heals quickly!
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wuggy on May 10th 2008, 5:21 pm

Hope your son's thumb heals as good as new, Deb. I also hope it wasn't a vegetarian dish he was cooking. Rolling Eyes
Wuggy
Zorro Bear
Zorro Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by sharber60 on May 10th 2008, 7:38 pm

Sorry to hear of his accident Deb, yes sharp knives are dangerous..
Is he allowed to use the metal protective glove under a regular glove,
when cutting meats ect?

http://www.utilitysafeguard.com/Gloves/Steel-Core-II-Gloves;jsessionid=0a0109441f43826bc4f846764f328d19946a97188845.e3eTaxmKbNaNe34Kai0
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn on May 10th 2008, 8:29 pm

baldwindeb wrote:My son who is a Chef cut the whole top of his thumb off. No bone ,only the soft tissue at the top, but all of it.
He was at the doctors for a bit and then released. My son asked will it grow back. The Doctor said the skin will grow back but that he can't say he will ever have a "normal" thumb.
I love that the boys are in that profession, I think it is totally awesome but I hate the knives. They are so sharp,I mean totally sharp. I will not use their knives.
Say a little prayer for him, he is in some pain yet he is so strong no matter what he goes through.
Thanks for listening.

Wow Deb.....I'm so sorry to hear that....
Let us know how he is doing...

2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb on May 10th 2008, 9:03 pm

sharber60 wrote:Sorry to hear of his accident Deb, yes sharp knives are dangerous..
Is he allowed to use the metal protective glove under a regular glove,
when cutting meats ect?

http://www.utilitysafeguard.com/Gloves/Steel-Core-II-Gloves;jsessionid=0a0109441f43826bc4f846764f328d19946a97188845.e3eTaxmKbNaNe34Kai0
Thanks Sharon,I am going to ask him about them.
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sharber60 on May 11th 2008, 1:36 am

Ask Shawna about them as they are used even at her work place..
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by icedreams on May 11th 2008, 10:48 am

icedreams
Starter Member
Starter Member

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb on May 11th 2008, 10:53 am

Thank you all for the prayers and kind words.
We haven't changed the bandage yet. he is afraid because they had to pack the end of his finger with some type of special gauze since the end of his finger is missing and he is afraid it will be stuck because he was bleeding too bad.
I told him it will be ok until he gets back to the doc tomorrow and they can remove it the first time. If it is stuck they will use a saline soultion to losen it.
he ask me when I change it to not tell him what it looks like because he saw it when it happened and it was bad and he doesn't want to freak out.

I feel so bad for him. he loves being a Chef and is really good at it but I hate knives so much.
Richard is in Culinary school also as some of you may know and he cut his thumb real bad this week also, didnt cut anything off but sliced it right up even under the nail.
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry on May 11th 2008, 4:47 pm

I cut the end off my finger years ago changing the bandage is real important the meat will rot if it stays wet.
Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum