Passed away

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Passed away

Post by Doreen on February 13th 2011, 11:44 pm

I haven't been at WS to see if anything was every mentioned there either about Jimmy Robinson ( romeorob) passing away the beginning of Feb.

I know what many thought, but just in case you weren't aware I Thought I would mention it.
Even those that are a thorn in the side to some are a rose to others, I'm sure his family will miss him.
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Re: Passed away

Post by baldwindeb on February 15th 2011, 5:16 pm

Oh wow, I didnt know that. Yes he was a pain but as you said he was someone to somebody.
RIP
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wuggy on February 15th 2011, 7:04 pm

It's sad to see anyone pass away but I never had anytime for RomeoRob. Now that he is gone he has suddenly assumed the mantle of some kind of computer guru who miraculously healed the ailing PC's of a vast army of grateful owners. The truth, as most of us know, is that he did nothing of the sort other than surround the odd photograph with a, usually hideous, frame from some free program. Yes, it's sad when members die but I never lost any sleep over this one.
I appreciate that I may be ploughing a lonely furrow here but it's an honest opinion none the less.

Last edited by Wuggy on May 17th 2012, 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Wuggy
Zorro Bear
Zorro Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya on February 15th 2011, 7:20 pm

Well said Wuggy! I am on your team. :-)

I did post my condolences in RPC, I don't wish death upon anyone. Call me bad but the first thing that popped into my head when I heard was that there will be less reporting in RPC now. I know he must have done a lot of that! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by shanaya on February 15th 2011, 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to add)
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wuggy on February 15th 2011, 7:25 pm

Thank you, Shawna. You always were. Very Happy
Wuggy
Zorro Bear
Zorro Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb on February 16th 2011, 7:22 pm

I agree also Wuggy. I guess with so much death in my family in the last 18 months my wounds are a little raw so as I said ,I know he meant something to someone.
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen on February 23rd 2011, 10:25 am

He died a miserable death and suffered cancer. No one deserves that no matter what they do.

Only having suffered through treatments at the time he was diagnosed but he was sent home to die as he was too far gone.

My aunt died a few days ago , she was admitted to the hospital only a week ago with cancer.....
My comment to the family... 'LUCKY HER' she died quick. Lucky the family didn't have to go through it with her either.
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya on February 23rd 2011, 1:12 pm

I am so sorry to hear that. Cancer is a bitch! Yes no one deserves to suffer like RR did except my uncle Fred. He deserved it.
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wuggy on February 23rd 2011, 5:40 pm

No one suggested that RomeoRob deserved to die in the manner that he did. Anyone dying in such a fashion deserves everyone's sympathy. But the manner of his dying did not make him a better person.
Wuggy
Zorro Bear
Zorro Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc on March 4th 2011, 4:46 pm

I didn't know RR much. Just from what I heard round here. My impression was that he was kinda like Bruce, but opposite, he had family.

They both seemed lonely, and in much need of attention. I don't know what home life was, but I don't think there was much "touch/felt" affection, feeling of being wanted, needed, or able to give in return. It's sour personalities but it is a personality.

I'm not saying that gives them any rights above another, just gives them rights that IF YOU WERE THE BIGGER PERSON, you could look past short comings. I know how they both got UNDER others skins, but there were SOME, that were patient & did have relationships/feelings of friendship toward them. Maybe cuz they could relate & had a higher tolerance in letting the little things roll off like water on a ducks back.

I'm sorry that he had to deal with such a horrible death, I watch both of my Grandfathers die from it. One suffered a long death & finally died at home from starvation basically, the cancer had finally got far enough to start shutting him insides down, it was awful. My other GPa, had surgery to have it removed, thought they had got it all & he was healing, 3 days later emergency surgery opened him up to only see how it had spread so sewed him back up, put him in icu recovery & family gathered & he died within hours as his body began to shut down faster for when they opened him back up & air hit it, they couldn't stop it.

It's one nasty disease & it takes it's sweet time in eating you up. It is an ugly & horrible way to go.

My heart goes out ( but then all you who KNOW me, know how sensitive my nature is ) to all of those that had known him & suffered from this horrible end.

Not to compare in anyway, but Ed, God rest his soul in peace, we all saw how he was consumed & also saw a MAN of strength & a family along with friends that stood by him. Going w/o anyone to remember you is even worse than the cause.

Visit me at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/krstnvnc

Go to A Movie with me at: Movie & TV Shows: http://movieplex.org ....Movieplex... (Join up n tell them ABCD sent ya Smile It may still be by recommendation only if so let me know & I will recommend you **)
krstnvnc
The one with the crooked halo
The one with the crooked halo

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya on March 5th 2011, 9:07 pm

Well said Kris.
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doreen on March 6th 2011, 3:34 am

krstnvnc wrote:I didn't know RR much. Just from what I heard round here. My impression was that he was kinda like Bruce, but opposite, he had family.

They both seemed lonely, and in much need of attention. I don't know what home life was, but I don't think there was much "touch/felt" affection, feeling of being wanted, needed, or able to give in return. It's sour personalities but it is a personality.

I'm not saying that gives them any rights above another, just gives them rights that IF YOU WERE THE BIGGER PERSON, you could look past short comings. I know how they both got UNDER others skins, but there were SOME, that were patient & did have relationships/feelings of friendship toward them. Maybe cuz they could relate & had a higher tolerance in letting the little things roll off like water on a ducks back.

I'm sorry that he had to deal with such a horrible death, I watch both of my Grandfathers die from it. One suffered a long death & finally died at home from starvation basically, the cancer had finally got far enough to start shutting him insides down, it was awful. My other GPa, had surgery to have it removed, thought they had got it all & he was healing, 3 days later emergency surgery opened him up to only see how it had spread so sewed him back up, put him in icu recovery & family gathered & he died within hours as his body began to shut down faster for when they opened him back up & air hit it, they couldn't stop it.

It's one nasty disease & it takes it's sweet time in eating you up. It is an ugly & horrible way to go.

My heart goes out ( but then all you who KNOW me, know how sensitive my nature is ) to all of those that had known him & suffered from this horrible end.

Not to compare in anyway, but Ed, God rest his soul in peace, we all saw how he was consumed & also saw a MAN of strength & a family along with friends that stood by him. Going w/o anyone to remember you is even worse than the cause.

well said

I have a high tolerance, more forgiving nature than most apparently. I have been accused of having some weird friends that others don't bother with in the flesh as well as on the cyber world.
The only things on the computer that annoy me are virus and spam... if anything here annoys me hit delete or move on to another TAB simple to close the lid and go talk to my dog or horses. They don't usually talk back.LOL...
Razz
Doreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn on April 28th 2011, 10:26 pm

krstnvnc wrote:I didn't know RR much. Just from what I heard round here. My impression was that he was kinda like Bruce, but opposite, he had family.

As always Kris, you make us see the whole picture.....thank you...

2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top