Camera ,laptop or ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Camera ,laptop or ?

Post by Bill S on September 9th 2011, 7:08 pm

Hi everybody,
Evelyn and I are taking a vacation where we will be staying part of the trip in a hotel and the rest aboard the train.
This will be the second vacation in nearly 59 years of marrage and more than likely our last. I really want it to be special.
Main problem I have no camera,yeah I still have my old 35mm Omega but I want to be able to send the pictures as there taken. Also one that has games,
We will be gone a little over two weeks and I really need advice, so
far I have been told Ipod, Laptops etc. more than i can remember.
Were leaving from Oregon to La. then the southern route to New Orleans then north to Chicago, Then to Seattle then Klamath Falls Or.

Thanks Bill

Bill S
Starter Member
Starter Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Camera ,laptop or ?

Post by shanaya on September 10th 2011, 8:52 pm

If you had a smartphone like an iphone or an android phone you could take pics or videos, upload them wherever you want and they have game apps. You don't need to get a voice plan, just a data plan. The only other choice would be a netbook but not sure if it takes pics so you might need a camera. One other thing is a tablet that does take photos. You would still need a data plan or wifi.
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb on September 13th 2011, 12:27 pm

Do you have a laptop with wifi Bill? if so then all you need is a digital camera. Otherwise you will have to do what Shawna said with a phone.
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill S on September 13th 2011, 9:54 pm

Thanks Deb and Shana
I know absolutely nothing about the phones wi fi or or whatever. My wife has a little phone about the size of a big pocket watch which I refuse to use,by the time I
pry the thing open no one is there. Whatever I buy it must be simple as I don't read that well anymore, I am on my fourth set of glasses this year. I have to go see the VA tomarrow cause I forgot to order and I,ll be out in a few days. This is the first time I failed to order on time in 29 years.I have enough meds to get me thru the nite and then I go into withdrawls
I,ll check out Verizon or one of the other stores.

Bill S
Starter Member
Starter Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top