Is everyone else still getting ripped off by petrol prices?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is everyone else still getting ripped off by petrol prices?

Post by Carl D on October 14th 2008, 11:20 pm

Just wondering if anyone outside of Australia is paying less for petrol (gas) now seeing as the price of oil has dropped dramatically?

A few years ago we were paying about 90 cents a litre while the price per barrel of oil was about 90 US Dollars, this was the 'yardstick' by which we kept track of the price increases, i.e. the US Dollar price per barrel was equivalent to what we paid per litre here in Australia.

For example, when the price per barrel reached $100 US we paid about $1 a litre at the pump. When the price reached $120 US a barrel we were paying about $1.20 a litre at the pump and so on.

The price per barrel eventually reached about $150 US a barrel and we were paying about $1.50 a litre at the pump.

The problem now is, the price per barrel is well below $100 US a barrel, the last I heard it was about $85 US but we're still paying over $1.40 a litre here in Australia. The excuse they're using now is that the value of the Australian dollar has dropped against the US dollar. One Australian dollar is now worth about 70 cents US.

So, I'm interested to know if people in the US are now paying a lot less at the pump (as they should be). Otherwise, the 'excuse' of the falling value of the Australian dollar against the US dollar is just BS in my opinion. Which wouldn't surprise me in the least, of course.

The Little Spy

Back to top Go down

Re: Is everyone else still getting ripped off by petrol prices?

Post by Larry on October 15th 2008, 7:07 am

We are dropping about 10 a gallon per day for the last 7 days.I went out yesterday the price was $2.79 on the way back home it was $2.69 so I stopped and got half tank....I'm betting it will be down more today or tomorrow anyway half tank will last me a week..when the price was going up I would fill up every time I went by a pump...now that it is going down I only get half tank..
Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb on October 15th 2008, 5:55 pm

Its about 2.69 in the city but in the suburbs you can get it for 2.35 a gallon
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya on October 15th 2008, 6:14 pm

Here it is about 1.14 per litre.
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carl D on October 16th 2008, 12:35 am

Looks like we're going to be ripped off further here in Australia... the Aussie dollar is continuing to drop against the US dollar. Down to about 65 cents last time I checked. Rolling Eyes

The Little Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top