Robbery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Robbery

Post by shanaya on November 29th 2008, 6:38 pm

I found out recently that my co-worker Frank(74) had his house robbed last Thursday. They took his tv, printer, his son's computer, new laptop, car collectibles, and 3000 in cash that Frank was going to take to pay off the rest of his wife's car. They turned everything up-side down, looked in all the cupboards and china cabinet, threw everything around. They even took some expired car plates out of a drawer and put it on the car that Frank's son just bought, loaded all the stuff into it and drove away. Frank did not have any insurance on anything except the house itself. He said they even took 2 pairs of his wife's shoes out of her closet, took a frozen turkey out of the freezer and 2 steaks thawing out in the sink plus they had a freezer in the garage that had corn and other stuff, took most of that too. I told him I would keep an eye out for things that people give away for free in our apartment complex to help him replace anything he lost. Evil or Very Mad
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Re: Robbery

Post by Lynn on November 30th 2008, 10:34 pm

Damn .....that's sad.... Evil or Very Mad

2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya on November 30th 2008, 10:56 pm

Yeah, it is. I wanted to tell him keeping 3000 in cash in his house was not a good idea, but it is too late now. Other than that, it is good his wife was not home at the time as she most certainly would have been hurt had she answered the door.
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya on November 30th 2008, 11:01 pm

Apparently they rang the doorbell, no-one was home so they broke a window in the back to gain access.
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on November 30th 2008, 11:25 pm

Jeez, that's bad. Everyone really needs some sort of security system these days along with security grilles on the windows and doors, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on December 1st 2008, 12:21 am

A shame, but as you say, it's a good thing she wasn't home alone when they showed up. It's just things, and things can be replaced.
Doc
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious
Rude, Crude and Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb on December 1st 2008, 8:43 am

I know it wont do him any good personally but karma will get those people for doing that.
I am really sorry that happened to them.
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wuggy on December 1st 2008, 6:34 pm

This is a really sad set of circumstances, Shawna. There are a lot of shits in this world but they are vastly outnumbered by the decent folk.
One thing I would say is that if at all possible put aside enough money to cover your house and contents insurance. It's money well spent and in circumstances such as these could be a life saver.
Wuggy
Zorro Bear
Zorro Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by krstnvnc on December 1st 2008, 8:47 pm

That's sad Shawna. I remember coming home from vacation one summer when I was a kid to our home had been broken in to. You could tell it had been done by some young kids due to the stuff taken, but the fact that someone had come in & gone thru everything you sure feel violated. Has there been a spree around that area or does he feel targeted?

Visit me at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/krstnvnc

Go to A Movie with me at: Movie & TV Shows: http://movieplex.org ....Movieplex... (Join up n tell them ABCD sent ya Smile It may still be by recommendation only if so let me know & I will recommend you **)
krstnvnc
The one with the crooked halo
The one with the crooked halo

Back to top Go down

Post by sharber60 on December 1st 2008, 10:41 pm

That is horrible as they are not young people, except the Son is younger of course. It must have been someone who was in the house before, as they
knew where the money was or maybe not, just punks looking for a place with no one home. I used to keep my radio on when I had my house..
At least it would sound like someone was home.
What a thing to happen just before Christmas.
I am really surprised they didn`t have contents insurance, with so much
in value in the house.
I wouldn`t be without it an extra $21.00 a month for tenant`s insurance
helps a lot if something like this happened, worth some type of security.
This just for $30,000 but would help replace things if it ever happened.
Tell Frank that I am so sorry this happened to them..
Shawna I hope you have contents insurance..If not the company I deal with
is very reasonable & it is taken out of my bank account every month.
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wuggy on December 2nd 2008, 7:21 pm

sharber60 wrote: It must have been someone who was in the house before, as they knew where the money was or maybe not, just punks looking for a place with no one home.
Sharon, it might surprise the very few 'hiding places' that people use to keep money safe. I have been to literally thousands of break ins when I was in the police and been told by the occupants that 'they must have known where the money was'. Not so, every time it was the same 3 or 4 places where it was hidden. The best place to hide cash is in the bank until you actually need to use it.
Wuggy
Zorro Bear
Zorro Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by shanaya on December 2nd 2008, 8:14 pm

krstnvnc wrote:That's sad Shawna. I remember coming home from vacation one summer when I was a kid to our home had been broken in to. You could tell it had been done by some young kids due to the stuff taken, but the fact that someone had come in & gone thru everything you sure feel violated. Has there been a spree around that area or does he feel targeted?

Well, I don't think they were targeted specifically. Frank told me that a place in Yarrow(close to our work) got robbed as well by 2 guys that same day and the police are trying to see if they are tied. They caught the ones in Yarrow, so hope something comes out of that.

Last edited by shanaya on December 2nd 2008, 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to add)
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynn on December 2nd 2008, 9:32 pm

sharber60 wrote:That is horrible as they are not young people, except the Son is younger of course. It must have been someone who was in the house before, as they
knew where the money was or maybe not, just punks looking for a place with no one home. I used to keep my radio on when I had my house..
in value in the house.

Very smart Sharon.....you never know.....

2 Sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Larry on December 2nd 2008, 11:23 pm

I have a renter that pays no rent and I have a renters Ins. policy for her that I also pay for.about 180.00 a year.If anything should happen she will have something...of course let's hope nothing happens.
Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by baldwindeb on December 3rd 2008, 8:04 am

Larry wrote:I have a renter that pays no rent and I have a renters Ins. policy for her that I also pay for.about 180.00 a year.If anything should happen she will have something...of course let's hope nothing happens.

Do you have any other apartments available , I would like to pay no rent. LOL
That's good though Larry.
John pays for ours with his car insurance, they offer it also.
baldwindeb
Assistant Administrator
Assistant Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sharber60 on December 3rd 2008, 6:41 pm

Lynn wrote:
sharber60 wrote:That is horrible as they are not young people, except the Son is younger of course. It must have been someone who was in the house before, as they
in value in the house.

Very smart Sharon.....you never know.....

Thanks Lynn. My new January Insurance renewal came today for January 2009 & the price went down & contents are
now at $41,000, this includes Earthquake Insurance, theft from auto too. One million Liability, Medical Payments $6,000.00,
Property damage $2,000.
Went down to $17.58 a month. so that is nice .
Price for the year is $181.00 plus the $30.00 for Earthquake Insurance for the year= $211.00, if paid all at once,
but prefer monthly payments..Family & friends can get this through a referral as this was from when I worked for the
Federal Government @ CFB Chilliwack in the Mess halls.
sharber60
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

Post by George on December 7th 2008, 2:52 pm

My grandad has been robbed 6 times once he was working next door so he drove the van into them all that did was brake there legs nevermind they still ran off but he slamed my grandads leg in the door first ouch!
Another time they were in bed and they robbed them.
He got robbed while on holiday they were nice robbers though they took the window out and replaced it lol...
George
Plus Member
Plus Member

Back to top Go down

These B@#$ards Had Some Of Frank's Stuff

Post by shanaya on December 10th 2008, 8:32 pm

http://www.bclocalnews.com/fraser_valley/theprogress/news/35774059.html

They were caught doing another robbery and Franks son's car was found later and some of his wife's jewelry, a cash box Frank had as well. Glad they caught the criminals! policeman
shanaya
Admin is da shiznit!
Admin is da shiznit!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top